Today Giulia from Top Travel Italy’s Operation Department, will show you how to prepare a delicious chocolate cake, called Nua Cake.
Cooking with Top Travel Italy: Giulia’s Chocolate Cake
Today Giulia from Top Travel Italy's Operation Department, will show you how to prepare a delicious chocolate cake, called Nua Cake.
Nua cake is a sponge cake filled with Italian custard. It is a sort of a magic recipe, as the custard sinks into the sponge while baking and the result is a very light sponge that hides surprisingly delicious “pockets” of crema pasticcera (Italian custard) through it. This is a great cake, very easy and fast to make, perfect for everyday or for a special dinner.
Are you ready? Put your apron on and have fun!
For the Italian custard cream - 250 ml of milk - 2 egg yolks - 50 gr of sugar - 3 tbsp of cornstarch - 1/2 vanilla bean’s seeds
For the sponge - 4 eggs - 300 gr of flour - 180 gr of sugar - 1 stick of soft butter (100 gr) - 130 ml of milk - 1/2 tbsp of baking powder - 40 gr cocoa powder
Start with the custard:
- In a saucepan bring the milk to a simmer along with the vanilla bean;
- In a bowl whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch;
- Pour the warm milk in the egg mixture and whisk until well combined;
- Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan and place over low heat;
- Whisk it constantly until it thickens up.
- Transfer the custard to a bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and let it cool.
Make the sponge:
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar;
- Add the soft butter, milk and keep blending with a hand mixer; - Add the sifted flour, the cocoa and baking powder;
- Blend the mixture until fluffy and creamy;
- Pour the batter in a greased cake pan and add spoonfuls of custard on the cake’s surface;
- Bake at 180 C for 40 minutes.
Serve once cooled.
What do you think of Giulia's Nua cake? Leave a comment on our Facebook and Instagram pages and let us know how is your own cake!
Leave a Comment